Trade union Unite is to fight Coca Cola’s planned closure of its Northampton distribution centre.
Coca Cola announced today the Swan Valley site and the Milton Keynes factory that supplies it are earmarked for closure with 288 jobs at risk.
The company says it would be more efficient to carry out the work at other UK centres.
But Sally Mortimer of Unite East Midlands told the BBC: “Unite will be putting a business case back to the company because we believe we’re central to all and we have good road links”
Coca Cola in Northampton
- Opened at Brackmills in 1993
- Space for over 24,000 pallets of our drinks
- Mainly distributes products from Coca-Cola factory in Milton Keynes
- Operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Typically 160 vehicle movements every day but over 200 when busy
- Parking spaces for 100 trailers.
- 1 million pallets pass through every year